MY FREELANCING CAREER
I couldn't tell you how or when it all started, everything happened by chance.
- I'm 5 and I love drawing, it's funny and everybody says I do it pretty well.
- I'm 15 and I express myself with drawings.
- I'm 19… I keep on drawing because I like to compete.
- I'm in College studying Psychology. I get good marks even though I'm not a good student.
- I forget about drawing for some years.
- I like Psychology but not the patients... I search for other options: Criminology.
- Vero gets her first computer, I love Counter Strike!
- I'm 24 and I discover by chance the magic of Photoshop 6.
- Vero insists I deserve my first Wacom tablet.
- I create my first mascots but my drawings are mediocre, so I try as a comics colorist.
- I'm preparing myself to join the Police Forensic Investigation Department... Not really convinced.
- Comics are not profitable, I search for other options.
- I'm 25 and I've managed to sell my first logotype in exchange for a hosting.
- I'm determined to learn English.
- I get a low but steady salary thanks to WHT.
- I create my first "web page".
- I'm determined to learn HTML and I start in web design.
- I give up the comics and I focus on design.
- I give up the public competition to join the Forensic police, and I focus on design.
- I sleep during the day and I work during the night: 12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- I'm 26, I work hard, I'm short of money but I'm learning a lot and very fast.
- I design SOSFactory V1, my first real web page... well, almost.
- I'm 27 and at last I'm having a decent wage for the first time.
- SOSFactory gets its first big client: Funrise.
- I create a team of 13 artists all around the world.
- Economic stability enables long term plans.
- I'm determined to learn CSS.
- My contract with Funrise finishes without prior warning... I'm scared!
- Really tired of others' whims... I'm resolute to work alone again.
- I create my blog, Anita joins as a translator :)
- A whole year designing SOSFactory V2 in HTML-CSS, it will never come to light.
- I've managed to overcome, at the end of the year the situation is superb.
- I'm 28 and I don't look for jobs anymore, now they come to me.
- I buy my Wacom Cintiq, finally I start drawing for real.
- I design the first of many MMORPG.
- My blog doesn't generate any income, but Smashing Magazine hires me as a guest blogger.
- PSDTuts hires me as a guest blogger.
- I'm 29 and my popularity grows exponentially.
- Peritonitis knocks me out for 2 months.
- Rheumatic fever knocks me out for 10 months.
- I manage to overcome the year the best I can.
- The more experience I have, the most difficult I find to tolerante whimsical clients.
- I find all clients whimsical.
- I hate my job...
- I disconnect for some months, I need new goals.
- I'm 31 and I redefine all my strategy: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook...
- I finish SOSFactory V2, a redesigned web to catch the type of client I like!
- Creating passive income: stock designs and premium tutorials. This is the future for sure.
- I'm 32 and I finally publish SOSFactory V2!
- I meet a very special client: Andre CEO of Pokermania.
- Andre invites me to visit Cologne (Germany): office, team mates, relaxed environment and fun... I love it.
- More health issues: pulmonary embolism :(
- I get well but I need a change, I leave Berlin and move to Pokermania offices in Cologne for 1 month, I keep loving it.
- Pokermania becomes my first business partner, lots of projects, lots of fun, lots of money... lots of success... and a goal: to fund my own company.
- My first staff member: penciller Pedro Delgado joins SOSFactory at Pokermania offices.
- SOSFactory V2 attracs the targeted client profile: several important clients knock at our door.